CALGARY, AB – NOVEMBER 27: Sean Monahan #23 of the Calgary Flames chases Jonathan Toews #19 of the Chicago Blackhawks during an NHL game at Scotiabank Saddledome on November 27, 2013 in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. (Photo by Derek Leung/Getty Images)
In this batch of Hawks Headlines, we examine the team’s thoughts on a potential Olympic hangover, a minor acquisition that the Blackhawks made on Wednesday, and whether or not Jonathan Toews is the greatest Blackhawk of all time.
- One of the big questions that needs to be answered following the Olympic break is this: Will there be a post-Olympic hangover for the Blackhawks, who had 10 Olympians skate in Sochi? The team doesn’t think so. Chicago Sun-Times
- There are plenty of players who are happy that the Olympic break is over, but there’s another powerful figure just as excited to resume NHL play: Blackhawks owner Rocky Wirtz. Chicago Tribune
- Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews, both back from Sochi, are ready to get back to work as the Blackhawks look to repeat as champions. Daily Herald
- In a minor trade on Wednesday, the Blackhawks acquired defenseman Brian Connelly (who played for the Rockford IceHogs from 2008-12) from the Minnesota Wild in exchange for Brad Winchester. Connelly will report directly to the AHL. ESPN Chicago
- Is the spectacle of the Stadium Series on par with the Winter Classic? Greg Boysen debates this question in an interesting piece. Second City Hockey
- Reports on Wednesday hinted that Vancouver Canucks center Ryan Kesler could be seeking a way out of town. The asking price would likely be way too high (think Teuvo Teravainen AND Nick Leddy as a starting point), but Kesler would answer a lot of questions for the Hawks if he came to the Windy City. TSN.ca
- Some bad news for the Blackhawks as one of their top defensive prospects, Viktor Svedberg, is done for the season with a shoulder injury. Third Man In
- Finally, we have the discussion from CSN Chicago that sparked the title of this batch of Hawks Headlines: is Jonathan Toews the greatest Blackhawk of all time?