CHICAGO, March 10, 2011 /CHICAGOPRESSRELEASE.COM/ — Developed by inventor Xu Yongyong and represented by ICAP Ocean Tomo, the technology of this portfolio utilizes client computing resources through a sideband communication channel. The portfolio will be auctioned at ICAP Ocean Tomo’s Spring 2011 Live IP Auction in New York on March 31st.
Embodiments of this patent may apply to:
- Cloud Computing, Grid, P2P and other distributed computing
- Ajax/Web 2.0
In Cloud and other types of cloud computing area, the technology utilizes client side CPU capacity to enhance computer power and memory. Conventional techniques do not facilitate distributed computing globally and are not scalable as many idle computers are not allowed to join a distributed computing group. At the same time, there are significant numbers of applications that involve complex computing and advanced simulations that require high computing power, creating an unbalanced distribution of computing power worldwide. Furthermore, to exercise such techniques, a user either has to directly access the participating computers or must pay for additional CPU usage, making these techniques both costly and often impractical. This patented process works around these limitations.
Ajax, the foundation of Web 2.0 industry, uses an asynchronous communication channel between client and server. Ajax became widespread concurrent with the heightened popularity of Web 2.0 due to increased interactivity, speed, functionality, and usability. Common Ajax applications include Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, Yahoo and almost all the Internet companies. The patent discloses methods for creating a separate control channel for performing resource allocation in a distributed computing environment. By implementing a secondary communications channel (called a sideband channel), the distributed client and server significantly benefit by having a clear separation of concerns between the secondary control channel that controls a background process and other primary channels in the system such the graphical user interface (GUI) event callback channel. The invention has broad applicability, and may impact diverse industries, including web services, web design, and utility computing.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
The lot discloses the following:
- The patent claims methods for allowing additional tasks being performed by a client through a sideband communication channel in addition to the main communication channel between a client and server.
- This technique enables the server to accumulate substantial amounts of computing power by utilizing multiple user machines distributed worldwide without posing any additional cost to the users.
- Early priority date secures a long-term competitive advantage in the fast-growing Cloud computing and Web 2.0
- This technique is scalable at the global level and can be used in heterogeneous platform environments.
- The patent in this lot has been cited by many industry giants, including IBM, AT&T, eBay, Sun Microsystems, Siemens, Canon, Nortel, and Xilinx.
- This patent encompasses ground-breaking technology commonly used in Web 2.0, Cloud and distributed industry to secure their leadership.
This lot should be of interest to Web and database providers, network service providers, entities involved in eCommerce, and companies managing or developing IT infrastructure.
- Major Internet companies, Ajax and Web 2.0 industry as well as most popular Internet sites
- Globally, the grid computing market was around $12 billion in 2007, while the cloud computing market is estimated to reach $121.1 billion by 2015.(1)(2)
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Dean Becker of ICAP Ocean Tomo at Dean.Becker@us.icap.com
About ICAP Ocean Tomo LLC
ICAP Ocean Tomo is the intellectual property brokerage division of ICAP and the world’s premier patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world’s premier interdealer broker and provider of post trade services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, foreign exchange, emerging markets, equities and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. ICAP plc was added to the FTSE 100 Index on 30 June 2006. For more information go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Ocean Tomo